Monday, March 16, 2015

My Challenge for the next year.

I turn 53 this month on the 29th. I keep telling myself year after year that I want to be a sculptor. I want to get better. I just want to sculpt. Then never do it. For one reason or another I just don't get into my own home studio or even go into Lillstreet for a second day. I do nothing. I just let myself down as there is no one alive currently to tell me a can't sculpt or work. So why don't I do the work? So after thinking about this since January 1st I've come to the conclusion I'm standing in my own way. I'm sabotaging myself. I'm the reason why no sculpture gets done. So in order to actually become a sculptor, get better, and see if its really for me I'm challenging my self. Until my 54th birthday I'll make one piece of sculpture a week. It will improve my skills and get me in the habit of using my time wisely instead of blowing off. I'm afraid of this challenge as I fear I'll just let myself down yet again but I'm going to do it. Look forward to seeing a post a week with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment