Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sculpture number 1.


Here is my first finished sculpture for my new challenge.  When I say finished I mean the sculpture part is done.  I'll post glaze results when I finish that part.  But for this challenge I'm using the green ware portion.  For the most part I'm happy with this piece.  The upper arm is at an odd angle as there was not enough room to add the hand in the original position.  The arm was way to dry to move it anywhere else so it looks odd.  One of the reasons for this challenges is to help me get my work finished before it dries to the point wear I can't do anything with it.  The back of the head is rather flat but again too dry to do anything with.  My teacher is giving us a break next semester and limiting the amount of models.  I'm not sure how the other students feel but I'm having trouble keeping up,  Its all a learning process.  I hope by the end of the year my skills will be where I want them to be.  Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment